Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the For BMW R 1200 CLASSIC 1999 ZF Clutch Pressure Plate Diaphragm S the STICK HANDLER Professional Hockey Grip Tape Pro Pack (Purple the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Domestic and Household Services. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are a view of Ardbeg Distillery on the Isle of Islay; and the superbly located and extremely poignant Commando Memorial near Snappies CRYSTAL MAGNETIC LAPEL COLLAR STOCK TIE pin DRESSAGE TR in Lochaber, close to where the commandos trained in WWII.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The rather splendid Orkney Brewery and Visitor Centre can be found in Quoyloo, on Orkney's West Mainland. What you find is an attractive and high quality modern brewery in a purpose-built extension on the rear of the former school. The school buildings have been nicely converted to provide a visitor centre comprising a shop and a tasting room that offers excellent food (and, of course, for the non-drivers, the chance to sample the brewery's output). ( More ...)
On This Day
5 May 1646: Charles I surrenders to Scottish Covenanters besieging Newark on Trent. The Scots forces later take him to Newcastle and try to bargain with him for Scots advantage. The English Parliamentary army threatens to take the King from the Scots by force.
5 May 1938: King George VI officially opens the Empire Exhibition in Bellahouston Park in Glasgow.
5 May 2011: In a remarkable victory the Scottish National Party wins an overall majority in elections to the Scottish Parliament. They win 69 out of the total of 129 seats, an increase of 23 on the number they won in 2007.
A Scotsman Returns: Travels with Thomas Telford in the Highlands and Islands by Paul A Lynn (29 October 2021).
This is a book about the great Scottish engineer Thomas Telford (1757-1834) which revisits the places in the Highlands and Islands
where he achieved so much. We retrace a Highland Tour made by Telford and the Poet Laureate, Robert Southey, in 1819. The two men
were drawn together by Telford's love of poetry and Southey's admiration of the engineer's remarkable work in the Highlands. Southey
kept a journal of the tour, which remained unpublished for a century.
Read our full review.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller The Stockholm Run.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- First Mortgage Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- 2021 Ford ECOSPORT Factory Owners Manual Set & Case *OEM* providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.